Written by: Team PredictiveHire
How recruitment automation is reshaping the future of hiring
To find out how to improve candidate experience using Recruitment Automation, we also have a great eBook on candidate experience.
Why recruitment automation combined with Ai, has become such a ‘big thing’?
Is your recruitment team swamped by the sheer volume of job applications and CVs? Taking too long to get the right people in place? Spending too much time on administration and not enough time building relationships? Or building your business?
If you’ve just answered “yes” to these universal challenges for recruiters and hirers, recruitment automation can deliver the solution that you need. Especially at a time when unemployment is high and more candidates are seeking opportunities in all available roles.
Recruitment process automation can help to lift productivity, get to the best candidates quicker, fill roles sooner and reduce hiring costs.
All this while improving the candidate experience and lifting your organisation’s talent profile and brand reputation. It’s not surprising then that there are few if any, recruiters or hirers, who haven’t already brought automation into the hiring process.
What is recruitment automation?
From the way we shop or pay bills online, to how we order food or choose our entertainment, data-driven technology has changed the way we do everyday things. Technology helps us to make better use of our time and lets us transact or connect in more convenient and efficient ways.
In much the same way, recruitment automation is the technology that automates or streamlines tasks or workflows within the recruiting process that would previously have been done manually.
These new technology tools and platforms address tasks at every step of the hiring process. They often leverage technologies such as machine learning, predictive data analytics and artificial intelligence.
Automated interviews – a popular place to start automation
Reviewing and screening CVs and job applications is widely acknowledged as time consuming and repetitive tasks of the recruitment process. It’s often one of the first processes that recruiters prioritise for automation.
In an age of high volume briefs– such as team roles in retail, customer service or graduate internships – it’s standard to receive a high volume of candidate applications. Properly and fairly reviewing every candidate among hundreds or even thousands is beyond any recruiter. It’s not, however, beyond the capacity of technology.
Here is the Ultimate Guide to Interview Automation
Sapia – leaders in automated pre-screening
Sapia is a leading innovator in the recruitment technology space.
Since 2013, Sapia has worked to solve and consistently improve the frontier problem of every recruiter and every employer. That is how to get to the right talent faster while consistently improving the candidate experience.
Artificial intelligence can see what humans can’t
Sapia’s solution addresses top-of-funnel recruitment needs with an artificial intelligence-enabled automated interview platform, designed to integrate seamlessly with leading Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
While some automated interview platforms use video and voice technologies, Sapia uses mobile-based text. Candidates know text and trust text, and they welcome the opportunity to tell their own story in their own words and in their own time.
The automated interview is built around a few open-ended text questions that can be customised to the specific role family – sales, retail, call centre, service etc – and specific requirements relating to the employer’s brand and employment values.
The platform uses AI, ML and NLP to provide reliable personality insights into every candidate. It can accurately predict candidates’ suitability for the role. Additionally, it can guide their progression through the recruitment process. It delivers insights that recruiters and employers need to make better hiring decisions at scale.
Blind-screening at its best
Sapia provides blind-screening at its best. The platform effectively takes a candidate’s gender, age, ethnicity and other traits out of the process. There is no visual content, voice data or video that can act as triggers to subjective bias. Also for most customers, even CVs are removed from initial screening.
The blind screening means all candidates are competing on a level playing field and have the opportunity to tell their story without the subjective biases of a traditional human interview or a cursory review of their CV. Blind screening also supports employers’ diversity goals.
Integrated with an ATS, a simple Sapia interview link sent to an applicant’s mobile lets recruiters nail speed of recruiting, quality of candidates and a better candidate experience in one.
Sapia will help to:
- reduce recruiter time spent by 90%
- increase candidate satisfaction to 99%
- achieve interview completion rates of 90%
- reduce bias and support diversity goals
- enhance the candidate experience with personalised feedback and coaching tips.
It’s a far better candidate experience
Improving the candidate experience is a priority for every recruiter and employer. This is as the effect of a poor experience can cause lasting damage to reputations and brands. Sapia is the only conversational interview platform with 99% candidate satisfaction. Candidates enjoy the process and value the personalised feedback/coaching tips.
Did you see the FREE e-Book on Candidate Experience? Download the Candidate Experience Playbook Here >
8 ways recruiting automation can work for you
Recruitment automation doesn’t describe just one technology product or platform. Automation will generally involve a suite of platforms, software, tools and technologies. All of them work together to provide end-to-end functionality throughout the hiring process. Integration with an applicant tracking system (ATS) or candidate relationship management (CRM) platform helps bring all the tools and data together in one place.
The efficiencies and savings of recruitment automation can be gained through every step:
- Candidate sourcing and engagement – use analysis of candidate data to identify and engage with potential future candidates.
- Always-on candidate nurturing – collect candidate data, build deeper talent pools, track candidates and measure recruitment success. Automate email communications to keep past candidates ‘warm’ or schedule upcoming events such as interviews. There are many ATS and CRM vendors with different features and functions. Some of them are automated job listing creation, career site integration, interview capabilities and more.
- Leverage social site recruiting – connect with candidates where they hang out – LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. Automate social media publishing and campaign strategies with bespoke scheduling and planning tools as well as many sites’ own business tools
- Job listings – more accurately target candidates all over the internet using programmatic job advertising. Automate budget management, job postings, branded content distribution and more.
- Candidate pre-screening – rank and grade candidates to qualify who moves forward in the firing process. Automate CV screening and top-of-funnel interviews using a platform like Sapia’s mobile-first, text-based solution.
- Skills and aptitude testing– there is a wide range of software platforms that can automate pre-employment testing. Some may focus on specific skills such as programming, data entry or language competency while many more measure ‘soft’ skills such as aptitude, personality traits, cognitive abilities. With its open-ended question format, Sapia assesses close to 100 traits or personality characteristics in ranking candidates.
- Interview scheduling – streamline the process with automated scheduling, confirmations and follow-up communications to candidates.
- Background checking – automate background checks, police checks, reference checks, educational qualifications and more with a wide range of vendor solutions.
The top 10 benefits of recruitment automation
Recruiting and HR are all about human capital. So at first, glance using machines and technology can seem counter-intuitive.
Recruitment automation technology, however, is not designed to take the human touch out of the equation, it’s designed to help humans work smarter.
Here are ten of the benefits and advantages:
- Increase productivity – work smarter, not harder. Free your time (and headspace) to focus on higher value and more meaningful tasks. With automation, recruitment processes can be ‘always on’ and you can be open for business 24/7.
- Fill roles faster – automated candidate pre-screening, nurturing, and assessing, can greatly reduce overall time to hire.
- Lower costs per hire – depending on the scope and investment of your organisation’s recruitment automation, leading vendors should be able to model and demonstrate cost savings and pathways to RoI.
- Hire better consistently – data-driven decisions can help improve the quality of hire.
- Improve the candidate experience – candidates appreciate an engaging experience, faster responses and quicker hiring decisions.
- Remove bias and build diversity – objective decision-making based on personality characteristics, skills and traits, helps build diverse workplace teams.
- Beat the paperchase – streamline data collection, recording, storage and tracking. Different platforms and tools can be integrated to share data, updates, information, feedback and more.
- Promote better collaboration – from early hiring planning right through to onboarding, technology enhances collaboration between all stakeholders
- Build a better workplace culture – by starting with employees who are a better fit, improve metrics like tenure and retention, employee satisfaction and employer brand reputation.
- Data, data, data – automation creates data that will enhance reporting, analytics and data insight that can help to constantly improve business and hiring processes.
Finally, discover how Sapia’s Ai-powered interview platform can help support your recruitment needs today. It’s a powerful way to bring all the benefits of recruitment automation to your business. You can also take it for a test drive here >